Sunday, January 31, 2010

Let's Have a Party!















I am so happy with this image! It turned out to be a pleasant surprise, as it is the first illustration I have ever done digitally!

This project started as a personal drawing, one that was not for a particular class or assignment, but just for fun! However, for my computer illustration class we were asked to bring in a line drawing that we would color using the computer and it seemed as though this little garden party might fit the bill. I have to admit, I was very hesitant about using the computer, as I fall into the category of a "traditional" illustrator using the old school methods of ink, pencil, and paint. I have been told by my classmates that digital is the way to go, but I was skeptical as I love the feeling of my hands on the paper, manipulating the ink. I like the direct connection with the piece. So, needless to say, I shunned the idea of using the computer as a media.

But through the magic of technology, there are these fabulous things called Cintiques and they are special computer screens that you can draw directly onto with a special pen. IT WAS AWESOME. I love it. I had so much fun learning how to manipulate the colors and brushes in Photoshop and have to admit that I have found a new technique and new obsession. I must have a Cintique. Too bad they will set me back a few grand. I guess I better forgo new shoes for awhile in order to save up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.