Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Shoot for the moon!



















For my final assignment in my Illustration Techniques course, I was asked to create an assignment for the class as if I were the professor. I was really excited about this prospect, as I am considering a future as a college professor. After doing some research into different illustrators and techniques, I came upon fabric illustrations. The way that the artists used fabric to fill a space and create depth and space was fascinating. I loved the patterns on patterns and decided that this was the technique I would write about for my assignment.

After we all created our assignments and turned them in, they were posted online and we were asked to choose one of the assignments created by our classmates. While all of the techniques were interesting, I really wanted to do my own, so I did! Here it is.....

I have always loved the phrase "shoot for the moon and if you miss, you'll land among the stars." The illustration is inspired by that phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.