Friday, September 24, 2010

Sorry I've been MIA

Hello All!

I am sorry for not posting in awhile, and I have some not so fabulous news regarding my upcoming blog posts. I hate to say it, but I won't be posting very often this fall, as I am interning at the fabulously chic Working Class Studio here in Savannah and we are working on super fun and creative projects for the studio; however, I had to sign a confidentiality agreement, which sadly means I will not be able to share my work with you! Major bummer; however, if any of my designs are used, once a press release is sent out and it becomes public knowledge, I can share it with y'all!

Aside from my cool internship (which you can check out at www.workingclassstudio.com), I am taking two classes. The first is Publications, which I will lovingly refer to as competition class, because that's pretty much what it is. Fifteen of my classmates and I are presented with potential jobs/assignments from different publications and we have to compete to be chosen, and if we are lucky enough to be chosen, our work will be published. It's a great class and super helpful in learning the ins and outs of freelance illustration; however, again, there are some confidentiality issues, because I shouldn't post anything regarding the possible assignments until they go to print. So, you won't be seeing much of any of my work from that class!

The other class I am taking is Directed Projects, which is a really wonderful class as well, as the assignments are self directed. My professor asked us to develop a plan for the semester of a project that would help us work on our weakness, highlight our strengths, and fall in line with our future career goals. Thus, I have chosen to produce a greeting card line. I am so excited about it! Right now I am in the writing stage, as I am currently developing all of the phrases for the cards. And, I promise you, once I start to create the images, you'll finally be seeing some art back on this blog!

In the meantime, here's some old work of mine from the portfolio I submitted for admission to the MFA program. My how far I have come!






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.