Monday, November 16, 2009

Apparently Illustrators Sculpt...



















Let's just say that being asked to illustrate a popular recording artist 3-dimensionally is no easy task! I have never sculpted anything (unless you count the sad excuse for a cookie jar I made in 10th grade art class that my mom still has sitting in our living room), so I was nervous about creating the likeness of a recognizable figure!

Anyway, it was a stressful (and incredibly messy) task, but it is finally complete.

It's supposed to be Miss Miley Cyrus. I like Miley's songs because they are catchy and remind me of my friend Colleen. I admit, I've seen the Hannah Montana movie, and it wasn't terrible. And, I definitely rock out to Party In The USA when it comes on the radio. However, I don't really like Miley as a person. She has this way about her that irritates the crap out of me. Maybe its the fact that she has a hint of a lisp, or it could be her snaggle tooth, or maybe its her literal and figurative huge head. Nope, it's probably because she is a walking contradiction. A 16 year old shouldn't perform on a stripper pole at an awards show and date 21 year old boys all the while toting around a purity ring.

Be careful Miley, you're 7 years from walking around LA barefoot with 2 babies and a shaved head.

4 comments:

  1. Haha Lis.........loved your description of Miley. So it is not just about the climb? She should probably worry a little more about falling?

    Nice job........mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! And I think I like your accurate description even more... you know I'm right there with you (and that I wouldn't be opposed to a Miley Cyrus concert in the future...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the B.Spears warning to Miley. Way to positively influence those malleable young mids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's just being Miley!

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.