Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cat Lady



















I apologize for the length of time it has taken me to post a response to this illustration! Blame it on the craziness of finals and the holidays (although I must admit neither one caused me an exorbitant amount of stress). Basically, I was just super slow and lazy; two characteristics that if I do not watch and keep in check could lead me to become either one of the illustrations I produced for my Concepts and Composition final project.

I was asked to depict a world record in a non-literal way. I was torn between the woman who owned the most cats (b/c I am obsessed with www.icanhascheezburger.com) and the worlds fattest woman (because the fat lady in my circus illustration was a scene stealer).

When I finished each illustration, I realized that subconsciously, I drew two of my biggest fears for my future.

Did I mention my cat is neutered and I recently signed up for a half-marathon? Haha.

3 comments:

  1. No room deodorizer in that house of cats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE both cat lady and fatlady :D should show cat lady to rusty...his neighbor is one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that grammy with her 21 cats on bypass road?
    Love, Grammy and Samantha

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.