Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cover



















While in France I am taking a Book Illustration class in which we were asked to illustrate any story by a french author. Before I left, my dad was kind enough to pick up a few books for me, one of which outlined numerous famed fairy tales that originated in France. I obviously chose Puss in Boots because of my undying love for cats. I have rewritten the story and made some personal adjustments. I changed the setting from the countryside to turn of the century Paris right around the time of the World's Fair. The cat got a makeover, as now he is a super suave Parisian cat with a neckerchief and a beret!

This image is the cover image. In my class critique I was asked to change to font, so disregard the current type, as it will be changed before the book goes to print! I am currently working on the first spread, which is due this week, so be on the lookout for more Puss-n-Boots!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.