Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Vernissage











Lacoste













View From Terrace













Bonnieaux

















The School
















The Arches

















Graffiti








Well, I am sad to say that my experience in Lacoste, France has come to a close. After eight works of living and creating art amidst the beautiful scenery of the Luberon Valley, all students in the SCAD Lacoste program presented their work at a SCAD run art show throughout Lacoste. The show is referred to as The Vernissage, and people from all over the region come to this show in search of affordable student artwork.

I was lucky enough to share a small gallery with the three other graduate students. Six pieces of my independent work were on display in the Blue Gallery. Each piece was a part of a series I created using old pages from books as paper and black ink and gray marker as medium.

This was my second fine art show (my only other show being my Senior Thesis show at Union), and I am so grateful and feel so lucky to be able to say that I sold every single one of my pieces! This was such a huge deal to me, and I have to admit, I am quite excited and proud. It was totally unexpected, as we were told you would be lucky to sell one or two pieces. I never in my wildest dreams imagined I would sell them all. It feels really great to know that people liked and appreciated my work. Talk about a confidence boost!

The six images are above. I hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.