Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Impending Weather
















As I have stated numerous times before, I am NOT a graphic designer by trade. I do my best to fake it when necessary but I am currently enrolled in my first ever graphic design course. And, because I tend to jump far too quickly into things without doing proper research, I enrolled in one of the hardest graduate level graphic design classes offered this summer. Yay me!

Well, thus far I have been very flustered and confused by all of the assignments but I absolutely love the professor and the fact that I only have 2 other classmates, so we get lots of individualized attention and generate great critiques and conversations.

Our second assignment was to create a image only using typeface (not to be confused with font, which is apparently something completely different. I learned that quickly after being yelled at), and the image had to depict the weather over the past 36 hours. Well, I was thoroughly confused because as an illustrator I always want to create a picture of something and the professor said "NO YOU CANNOT DO THAT!" SO, once again I had to think abstractly and I was lost.

My first try was an epic failure. But, after the professor and my classmates worked with me, I think I came up with a good enough solution. They were all very kind to me and said that for my first time working with type, I did a pretty good job. Aren't they sweet for trying to make me feel better? Haha.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.