Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Project I


I am working on a "Zoo" themed series of prints and illustrations. Each image is meant to be used for licensed goods, particularly pre-fab art. Animals make for great themes in children's rooms, right? The above illustration is not finished, but I thought I'd share since I haven't posted original work in quite some time!

The materials and techniques used for the above image were linocut (for the giraffe), combined with cut paper (the leaves), and watercolor sprinkled with salt (to give the blue a speckled texture). Below is the original linocut. Two other vignettes will accompany this one to complete the set. It is my goal to get the other two illustrations done by the end of this coming weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.