Sunday, July 31, 2011

WEEK 4


To be honest, this week it was hard for me to choose an outfit to illustrate for this project, and it's not because I had so many amazing outfits that I couldn't choose just one, it was actually the exact opposite. I've been in a bit of a personal slump over the past week, and unfortunately, I let my fashion reflect that. Tisk, tisk. Fashionistas everywhere are shaking their heads at me right now, for I have broken a cardinal rule: Always Dress to Impress.

Well, I have made it a mission to snap out of it and start making a better effort, and this week's My Best Look is hopefully the beginning of better things to come. The outfit is "vintage" inspired, for I am totally enthralled by Mad Men inspired fashions. I adore the fact that the silhouettes are flattering on curvier body types and that there is a sophisticated simplicity to clothes of that era. I bought the dress at a very cool vintage shop here in Savannah, Civvies. I love it because it is flattering and oh so comfortable, but my only complaint is that I have repeatedly washed it and even taken it to the dry cleaner and I still cannot completely rid it of the stench of "old-lady" perfume. I guess thats the price one pays for vintage. I paired the dress with minimal accessories which are all decidedly more modern. The belt is Michael Kors, and the shoes are Christian Louboutin. To top it all off, I wore my signature Chanel lipstick in a bright shade of tangerine.

Hopefully I will have plenty of outfits to choose from next week! Until then, au revior and have a good week.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.