Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Graphic Design Book













I know I have talked at great length this summer about the graphic design course I am in, but I have to say, I am truly enjoying it and feel as though I am continuing to discover new techniques and styles. The ultimate goal of the class is to take all of the previous assignments and compile them into a stylistic book about Graphic Design and what it means to us.

Well, my book is about my journey from the beginning of this course until now. I have felt as though the exercises we have done have forced me to think outside of the box, which was very difficult at first. Now that I am outside the box, I feel so much for free and ideas flow easily and quickly and it is less of a struggle. The book I am creating tells exactly that story. Because I am an illustrator, the professor is allowing me some illustrative liberties so that the book can fit into my portfolio, and instead of including the essays we have written, I will be able to write a story instead. Yay!

This book is going to take a lot of work, so don't expect the finished product anytime soon! The above image is a sneak peek at one of the first pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lis is a professional illustrator based out of Savannah, GA. She is a self described fashionista, former sorority girl, and avid celebrity gossip follower whose penchant for all things feminine and girly is reflected in her work. For more info on the artist, please visit www.lissartori.com, and to contact Lis, feel free to email her at lis@lissartori.com

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.